Slade Cutter is an experienced attorney who has dedicated his practice to helping interactive media and e-commerce companies thrive. As General Counsel at Smiley Media, Inc. (2007 – 2011), Slade managed and led the company’s legal operations, helping take the internet marketing firm to over $44 million (2009, 2010 Inc.500 list of fastest growing companies). Slade also served for two years as a U.S. District Court briefing attorney (2002 – 2004) before joining a law firm practicing general civil litigation in state and federal courts at the trial and appellate levels (2005 – 2007).
Slade lives in Austin, Texas with his wife, Lanette, and their two children, Franny and Theo.
- American University, Washington College of Law (2002)(cum laude, Top 15%)
- Member, American University Law Review (2000-2002)
- Dean’s Fellow (2002)
- Texas State University, M.A. (2002)
- University of Texas, Austin, B.A. (1992)
LICENSURE & CERTIFICATIONS
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)(2011)
- Mobile Marketing Association Tier-One Certified (2010)
- State Bar of Texas (2002)
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Mobile Marketing Association, Consumer Best Practices Committee (MMA-CBP)